Last Updated on November 10, 2023
Bitcoin futures ETFs are not entirely comprised of Bitcoin futures. For the most part, they invest in traditional securities, holding Bitcoin futures contracts when it meets the fund’s strategy.
- Proshares Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BITO)
- Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BTF)
- VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF (XBTF)
- Global X Blockchain & Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BITS)
- Teucrium Bitcoin Futures Fund (BCFU)
A Bitcoin ETF, by contrast, directly holds Bitcoin in its portfolio. There are no ETFs currently available that offer direct exposure to Bitcoin, although several funds are in the works.
Bitcoin ETFs that may get approved soon include:
- Ark Invest
- 21 Shares
- Cboe [Chicago Board Options Exchange]
There is one Short Bitcoin ETF – ProShares Short Bitcoin ETF (BITI).
Cointelegraph thinks the SEC is unlikely to approve a spot Bitcoin ETF in 2023 as it hasn’t progressed much since the Winklevoss twins filed for one back in 2017.